Friday, December 18, 2009

Who can do the best Doobie!

Hey Dolls...Today was a BIG day for me..I tried a new hair salon...The ladies of color know that in order to get a beautiful wash, set and doobie you go to the Dominicans.....Well, since I recently moved those type of salons are not around me.... they are about 45min-an hour away....Too far for me...The salons over here APPEAR to cater more to Caucasian hair....Being that this is one thing I cannot do on my own (yeah I can wash and all that but don't get that fullness like the Dominicans shops can)I took a friends advice in trying "the other" type of salon...

Experience:
I walk in, its very nice and CLEAN...I smile and say "I have an appointment" ..The young lady I have the appointment with (Christina) comes and gets me.....She sits me down to start my color rinse...While doing my hair she is sooo surprised that my hair is soo soft and she loves it..Her words:).....So we talk.. she says to me "Are u afraid b/c a white girl is doing your hair?" I reply "Not at all, whatever u mess up I can fix, but I am trusting you" So we get into a long conversation...and I learn that they are trained in ALL types of hair but mostly the textures similar to Caucasian or Spanish texture.

Long story short.. she did her thing...My hair is shiny, light, full and I got a trim so it looks alot healthier and bouncy...My plan is to go to her every 3 weeks for a wash/set and blowout with hopes of growing longer healthier hair. Since this salon is in a nice area and is very professional (beverages and muffins offered:) The price for what I want is a bit higher...Dominican shops usually charge $20-$25... Whereas here it is $30-35...Which I do not mind paying since she does my hair just as good and provides such a nice experience.

So ladies if you are every in Wayne, NJ head over to Secrets Salon (973) 633-1330 and ask for Christina. They also have another location in Haskell, NJ....And to my ladies of color...I know how we can be with our hair and sometimes we are right BUT dont be afraid to branch out and see what someone else can do...You never know, You too may meet a bad ass white girl like I did that can do wonders with your hair!

Have a Great Hair Day:)

3 comments:

  1. Hey Glady's!!!! i must admit i love the blog you wrote i am so happy you love the salon and everyone there especially me!! it took me awhile but i am happy to FINALLY see your blog! i have been raving about it since you first told me about it!! and by the way thanks for the shout out i really do appriciate it!! :) well i hope you and your family take care!!
    -christina
    P.S. now i dont have to worry anymore if u said anything bad haha even though you said to me you didnt say anything bad about 100 times!!
    hope to see you soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gladys** haha sory i didnt do a spell check!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHA, glad you liked it Christina, see you soon:)

    ReplyDelete