Monday, December 7, 2009

The Start Of It All


I'm 13..... about to enter the 8th grade and my momma said I can start doing my own hair now. "Yayyyyyy".....Ok here we go..... School is about to start and I gotta do something with me hair.... Wow!!!! can't believe that I am in charge of they way I am going to look when I walk out this door....this is tooo exciting.... my head is my canvas and I am going to create a masterpiece.....So I think lol......So I start by brushing my freshly relaxed hair out of my wrap.....I pull it back into a str8 pony... but decided "Naw thats tooo simple" I wanted it to look like that the R&B singer from the 90's....Mona Lisa...Yall remember her?.....She use to have the crazy swoop bang real sharp and I wanted my hair just like her's....1 Problem....My hair in the front previously was China bangs(hair str8 across the forehead) meaning it was too short to swoop and go into my pony......"Ok lets get creative girl" I say to myself....I have some tracks (Human or synthetic hair sewn onto a weft) and some pins (wasnt into glue yet)....So I pulled all my hair into a tight bun on the side and put a clip on the track and clipped it to the front of my head and swooped the hell outta her all the way back into my side bun......Tacky u may say....I think not.....Years later what comes along....The invention of the Clip In.....All I wanna know is WHERE'S MY $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Have a great hair day:)

4 comments:

  1. I DEF REMEMBER MONA LISA, I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE, HER SONG IS ON MY IPOD ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, U are def not the only one girl:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your hair blog. I always look forward to seeing my girls. especially on the days when I was depressed. They came over to do my hair. They put a dye in my hair and let it set to long. Well I don't want to tell you how loud I screamed!!!! The girls look at me shocked, paused for a minute and said, "Mom you need to step out of the BOX." Each time I looked in the mirror I laughed. I would say, "who's that person." It was me my hair made my year, I felt great. Thank You for brightening my day, I hope you can brighten someone else day also.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the sight gladys! Welcome to the mommy blog club! I c ur a momprenuer!

    ReplyDelete